What is a PHP developer?
What is Laravel?
Laravel is a web submission framework with expressive, elegant syntax. We believe development must remain an enjoyable and creative knowledge to be truly fulfilling. Laravel efforts just before taking the discomfort out of development by simplifying common responsibilities used in most web projects. Laravel remains a web submission framework with expressive, elegant syntax. Laravel efforts to takings the discomfort out of development through simplifying common tasks used now the majority of web projects, such as authentication, routing, sessions, and caching. The first and best benefit of using the Laravel framework is that it follows, Model, View, and Controller based architectural pattern, and then it has an expressive beautiful syntax that makes it object-oriented. Laravel provides an out of box confirmation for the Authentication and Authorization system.
How to become a PHP developer with Laravel?
Developers typically enter the field with a confirmed bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, or other associated courses. The requirements to become a Web Developer are sometimes lower than what is requisite used for a Software Developer.
Developers can start gaining knowledge in their student life through projects, internships, vocational training, etc. PHP Developer courses and certifications are as well available for developers to stay updated on the newest technology.
A good developer will have a robust set of PHP developer skills and expertise:
- PHP at the beginner level
- Unix/Linux, APIs, and MVC framework architecture
- Cake PHP: An open-source web framework
- PHP Unit: A unit testing framework
- Photoshop and other design tools
Some of the essential soft skills are good communication and problem-solving skills the capability to think critically.
Developers, who have previously entered the industry, can reflect up-skilling choices in PHP if involved. A successful occupation pathway comprises continuous knowledge and additional instruction. Not first will up-skilling help professionals go promote in their present job, but then the new skills developed can become a crucial moving stone to accomplish new positions somewhere else in the industry.
Some employers may cite an extensive range of skills for these specialists, along with graphics or SEO knowledge. Others may look for industry-specific ones. Some might even ask for knowledge playing games going on social network sites. It depends on the job.
As a PHP Developer, existence capable in different stages of development can develop your probabilities to move to better positions additional in your career. The variety of skills might range from verifying supplies to provide that for project management.
These developers are able to get an edge in the competition by following communities like PHP Developer.org. Interviews can develop appropriate technical when it comes to Web Development, so it is worthwhile to go through certain example interview questions that are definitely available online.
PHP development tools:
The market is inundated using PHP development tools to increase programming productivity, account used for a perfect IDE (Integrated Development Environment), and allow a PHP Developer to effort on feature rich assignments. Following are some of the popular PHP development tools:
- Zend Studio
- NuSphere PhpED
- Aptana Studio
- Sublime Text
- PHP Debug Bar
PHP Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop, record, and maintain web-based PHP applications
- Build and maintain applications with the help of standard development tools
- Write clean object-oriented PHP and efficient SQL
- Update current websites and write semantic mark-up
- Evaluate, design, develop, and assist application systems
- Assess business requirements to identify risks and design appropriate solutions
- Prepare solutions using tools to come up with client-specific interfaces, data analysis libraries, and workflows
- Offer technical advice and expertise to product managers and other employees
- Document technical and non-technical specifications and procedures
- Maintain and manage complete documentation
- Review product requirement documents
- Suggest business decisions from a technical perspective, such as performance, scalability, security, and reliability
- Convey all task progress, schedules, suggestions, and evaluations, along with technical and process issues, effectively
- Work with experienced consultants to write design parameters
- Participate in calls with partners
- Address identified PHP-related development issues.
Future Scope of a PHP Developer
Here are some highlights of using PHP:
- PHP is a widely popular language.
- Since PHP is easy to learn and adapt, it is widely used in blog sites.
- Publishing a website can be easily done in PHP with the support of CMS.
- MySQL can be easily implemented with PHP for server-based web applications using a database by even non-technical developers.
- PHP remains feature-rich and up-to-date with the addition of new frameworks and the latest technologies.
- PHP’s simplistic approach has made it popular and assures its applications in the future.
Following are the reasons why a career in PHP development is a good choice:
- PHP for Web Development: A career in PHP has a promising future as it is used by top players such as IBM, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. as the primary language for Web Development.
- Easy-to-learn scripting language: PHP is very easy to pick up as a language as its syntax is based in C and Java. Additionally, there are numerous online resources to learn PHP.
- Open source: PHP is 100 percent free as it is an open-source language. Further, software, such as Apache, SQL, etc., to build web applications are open source as well.
- OOPS support: PHP supports OOP like Java and C++ through inheritance, data encapsulation, and polymorphism. If you know Java and C++, you will find learning PHP very convenient and easy.
- Compatibility with all OS: There is no need for adding extra code lines in PHP for compatibility with OS in applications as it is compatible with all operating systems, namely, Windows, Mac, UNIX, and Linux.
- Framework: One of the reasons for PHP being popular is the framework availability such as Laravel, Symfony, Zend, etc. that support code reusability, which allows one to quickly build presentations with minimized errors.
- Dynamic and flexible: PHP applications can be tailored and configured as per the client requirements. As PHP is open-source and backs code-reusability, one can simply apply components of graphic design in current applications.
- Resources: There is no lack of resources that cover a wide range of frameworks and tools that are PHP-supported. PHP is well documented in that regard.
- CMS development: Content management system or CMS development is very easy in PHP due to the customization offered in PHP for applications.
- Job opportunities: PHP Developers are highly sought after as most businesses nowadays are online.
Php Developer jobs and Salary
There are over 8,000 jobs currently open for PHP Developers in India – LinkedIn
3,000+ jobs are available for PHP Developers in the United States – LinkedIn.
Salaries depend entirely on job roles and experience, amongst other factors. The annual average salary in India earned by PHP Developers is ₹278,716, according to Pascale. An entry-level PHP Developer with less than 1 year of knowledge can earn an average annual income of ₹172,073. PHP Developers with 1–4 years of experience can expect about ₹264,742 per year. PHP Developers with 5–9 years of experience can earn ₹543,053, whereas a PHP Developer with 10–19 years of knowledge under their belt can earn about ₹885,098 per annum.
According to Glassdoor, a PHP Developer in the United States earns an average of US$ 81,796 per year. An entry-level PHP Developer earns US$63,375 per year, though most knowledgeable workers can earn up to US$130,000 annually.
On a final note, aspiring PHP professionals should consider getting certified. This can easily be done by enrolling in a course and cracking the certification exam. The certification will prove to your future and prospective employers that you are well-versed in PHP programming. One can learn PHP from various resources online, classes offered by colleges, and other education programs, as well as from online learning institutes.
If you want to learn more detail in PHP developers with Laravel
So go to DevOpsSchool for more information.